Our Top Story
RUSH BREAK PROFESSIONAL ULTIMATE ATTENDANCE RECORD
Friday, May 10, 2013: On Saturday May 4th, 2013, history was made. The Toronto Rush of the American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL) became the first ever professional Ultimate team to host a game on Canadian Soil. If that wasn't enough, the Rush also broke the attendance record for a professional Ultimate game, with an attendance of 2293 fans.
The previous record was set in 2012 by the Philadelphia Spinners with a then recorded attendance of 1800 fans. Heading into Saturday, the Rush were feeling confident that they had a shot at surpassing that number. But few could have anticipated the overwhelming support Toronto showed its newest team. At the scheduled start time for Saturdays contest, there were still hundreds of fans lined up on Bloor St. waiting to get in to Varsity Stadium, forcing organizers to delay the start time to ensure people wouldn't miss a second of the action.
In July of last year, Cosmos Sports became a founding partner of Toronto Rush and were tasked with handling the team's Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing and game day operations. Never one's to back down from a challenge, Cosmos embraced the task with open arms. Ultimate is a rapidly growing, and popular sport in North America, and especially Toronto. But, most familiar with the game are familiar with it from a playing standpoint, not a spectator standpoint. There in lies the challenge; creating a paradigm shift about what it means to be an Ultimate fan. Saturday was step one on the path to achieving that goal.
UX Tv, an online streaming company specializing in broadcasting elite level Ultimate, was also on hand to capture the day, as the game was streamed live in HD for those who couldn't make it to enjoy the moment live. A highlight package of the game will be produced and will be available on the Toronto Rush website and YouTube page later this week.
Moving from the stands to on the field, the Rush have found immediate success in their inaugural season, beginning their first campaign with a perfect 5-0 record; solidifying overall first place in the AUDL.
The Rush have a short turnaround, as they will take on the New York Empire in a Mother's Day game on Sunday May 12, 2013. Opening pull is set for 4pm. For tickets visit www.torontorush.com or call 905-564-7874. To confirm media credentials, email email@example.com or call 905-564-7874.
For inquiries or for more information about the Toronto Rush, please contact:Mark Brubacher
Coordinator, Sales & Marketing
905-564-7874 ext. 247
For assistance in sports marketing, such as ticket
sale, training, branding,
marketing, public relations, sales, hiring,
strategic direction, business growth, website
design, advertising, or any other function of
building your brand, Cosmos Sports can assist in
effectively and efficiently growing your
organization. Contact Sales & Marketing, Director,
Bryan McGahey, at ext.
224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, April 26, 2013: Meet the Beast
- Friday, April 19, 2013: Cosmos Sports Institute is Ready to Jumpstart Your Sports Career
- Friday, April 12, 2013: Cosmos Sports Looks to Bring Ultimate to New Heights
- Friday, March 28, 2013: A ‘Central’ location, Rosen and Kaplan happy to call Brampton home
- Friday, March 22, 2013: Cosmos Sports Retail Program Continues to Soar
- Friday, March 15, 2013: HPO and Theatre Aquarius Prepare For a New Season
- Friday, March 8, 2013: Deal Finalized; Central Hockey League Team to Call Brampton Home
- Friday, March 1, 2013: Kick Off Your Career in Sports
- Friday, February 22, 2013: A Career in the Sports Industry Awaits
- Friday, February 15, 2013: The Ultimate Training
- Friday, February 8, 2013: Cosmos Sports Executive Recruitment Hires Four New Positions
- Friday, January 25, 2013: Central Hockey League Reaches Agreement with Brampton, Ontario
- Friday, January 18, 2013: Cosmos Expands Partnership with the HPO
- Friday, January 11, 2013: Looking Back on 2012
- December 21, 2012: GoSportNet.com Wraps up 2012, Looks Forward to 2013
- December 7, 2012: The Buffalo Bills are Coming to Town!
- November 30, 2012: Cosmos Takes Flight with Mallards
- November 24, 2012: The Ultimate Rush
- November 16, 2012: Expanding Our Cosmos
- November 9, 2012: Get Connected, Get Hired!
- November 2, 2012: Cosmos' First Rodeo
- October 26, 2012: Class is Back in Session
- October 19, 2012:Meet Toronto's Newest Professional Team
- October 15, 2012:Cosmos Shares Expertise with ATP
- September 27, 2012:Calling All "BILLievers
- August 31, 2012:Can A Professional Basketball League Work In Canada?
- August 24, 2012:Festival of Football Brought Their A Game!